Other Gardeners Also Ordered
Jewel Strawberry Plants (6) Plants 4" Pots - Free Shipping
Jewel strawberry plants produce a bite size, bright red, sweet strawberry. A reliable, heavy yielding June bearing strawberry plant. The fruit are sweet and firm making them easy to pick and store. In addition to being low in fat and calories, strawberries are naturally high in fiber, vitamin C, potassium and antioxidants, making them a sweet choice that advances heart health and can assist in reducing the risk of certain types of cancer. NOTE: When making a strawberry bed in an established garden, be sure to locate it away from any spot where you have grown peppers, tomatoes, eggplant or potatoes. These plants can harbor verticillium wilt, which is devastating to strawberries.
- HARDINESS ZONES: 5 -9
- TYPE: June bearing
- PESTICIDE-FREE: All of our plants are grown pesticide-free using organic methods
- USES: sweet for fresh eating, making jams and jellies or freezing
- A healthy strawberry patch requires at least six hours of sunlight per day. Strawberries are perennial, winter hardy, and will thrive in full sunshine, as long as the soil is fertile and well drained.
- Good draining soil is required for optimal strawberry production.
- Fertilize with an organic fertilizers such as Down To Earth All Purpose fertilizer or Maxi-crop liquid fertilizer.
- Keep your plants well watered until they are established (but don't overdo) and up to fruiting time.
- Strawberries can also be planted in tubs, containers and hanging baskets.
- Pinch off blooms for first two months on ever-bearing strawberries to promote larger harvest.