Other Gardeners Also Ordered
Tribute Strawberry Plants - (2) 4" Plants - Free Shipping
Tribute Strawberry plant, Fragaria 'Tribute', is a day-neutral strawberry that produces medium-large, juicy berries all summer long. Easy to pick firm fruit. Plant day neutral strawberries with June bearing varieties to have fresh strawberries all summer long. In addition to being low in fat and calories, strawberries are naturally high in fiber, vitamin C, potassium and antioxidants, making them a sweet choice that advances heart health and can assist in reducing the risk of certain types of cancer. NOTE: When making a strawberry bed in an established garden, be sure to locate it away from any spot where you have grown peppers, tomatoes, eggplant or potatoes. These plants can harbor verticillium wilt, which is devastating to strawberries.
- HARDINESS ZONES: 5 -9
- TYPE: Day-neutral, bears fruit throughout the growing season
- PESTICIDE-FREE: All of our plants are grown pesticide-free using organic methods
- USES: sweet for fresh eating, making jams and jellies or freezing
- INCLUDES: 4 inch strawberry plant
- A healthy strawberry patch requires at least six hours of sunlight per day. Strawberries are perennial, winter hardy, and will thrive in full sunshine, as long as the soil is fertile and well drained.
- Good draining soil is required for optimal strawberry production.
- Fertilize with an organic fertilizers such as Down To Earth All Purpose fertilizer or Maxi-crop liquid fertilizer.
- Keep your plants well watered until they are established (but don't overdo) and up to fruiting time.
- Strawberries can also be planted in tubs, containers and hanging baskets.
- Pinch off blooms for first two months on ever-bearing strawberries to promote larger harvest.